Monday, June 15, 2009

Early Straigt Edge Hardcore

Uniform Choice - Screaming For Change is one of my favorite Straight Edge hardcore records ever. They were just a great hardcore band from the mid-80's that happen to have sung about straight edge. Yeah, some of the lyrics are pretty corny by today's standards, but I guess for 1985, it was really awesome, honestly. These guys were pretty much the first real Cali Straight Edge hardcore band, pre-dating bands like Chain of Strength. In my ears, they kind of bridge the gap between real fast, angry, earlier Edge hardcore like SSD with the "Youth Crew" style of the mid-late 80's. This is way up there on my list, and I actually very recently found the second pressing copy of this record that I ripped for you. Download the rip below. I'm stoked to own it, look for your own copy!


http://www.mediafire.com/?mqquijd0dt5

No comments:

Post a Comment