Monday, March 23, 2009

Awesome A-sides without B-sides

Sometimes, folks, the A-side plays nicely, and the b-side simply doesn't wanna play without a serious skip, unbearable click, or overwhelming hiss. So since I have 3 great 45's with beat-up, unplayable B-sides, I decided to lump them together for today's post and zip them all into one folder for you to download.

The Maytones - "I'm Feeling Lonely" is one of my favorite reggae singles ever on the Pama label. It's one of those great examples of rather sad lyrics over a really syrupy sweet instrumental track. I wish I could play the instrumental b-side without 3 skips, but even on a Technics 1200, no dice.

The 8th Day - "She's Not Just Another Woman" is a slow, funky Detroit soul tune on the famous Invictus label. Great hook, as always. Again, never pass up ANY vinyl on this label. Holland-Dozier-Holland knew how to make brilliant soul hits.

Ranking Joe - "Nable String Cutter" is a classic 70's DJ reggae cut on the "Moving Away" riddim (I guess that's what you'd call it?). This is the rarest of today's A-sides, and I really wish the b-side played alll the way through. The first 30 seconds or so are unplayable, but the rest is a sweet dubbed out version. Ranking Joe could chat lyrics, man, fi real. Download alll 3 songs in one shot below:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kneyt1mlmd2

No comments:

Post a Comment