Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rock/soul

Tonight's only 45 is Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs - "Lil' Red Riding Hood" b/w "Love My Like Before." This is probably in my top 10 favorite 45's in my collection. I needed to give this one its own post, it's too good. "Lil' Red Riding Hood" you've probably heard, and if you haven't, you NEED to. It's creepy and ecclectic and sweet and tender at the same time, as I suppose I can sometimes be. It's a total classic, and just really fun to listen to. "Love Me Like Before" is a fast rock/soul number with a really catchy, simple hook, and the pleading/urgency I clearly love and identify with in my 60's music choices. Sam uses great vocal vibrato, and the sax lines are spot on 60's frat-rock. It's beautifully dated, like it SHOULD have been made in the 1966, and it was, and it's still fun to listen to. This song doesn't seem to appear on any current Sam The Sham comp CD's or what have you, so I highly recommend you download it and then find a copy of the 45 around. There are plenty available online, as "Lil' Red Riding Hood" was a pretty big hit. This record was in decent shape, so my rip isn't too bad, but it'll sound better if you have your own copy, ya know? Download it below:


http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmdgznjzwj


And please share this blog wiith anyone you might think would be interested in it. I obviously make no money from doing this. I just want to share my favorite records that you might not have heard or owned. Spread the love, by all means. And please feel free to comment or contact me about stuff, it'll make me feel like there are people who actually enjoy my efforts, and the 10 hits I get a day aren't government agents racking up a rap sheet on me and figuring out how much they can fine me for/how long they can put me in jail for. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment